Today I propose a wonderful summer recipe, zucchini, tuna and barley skewers, so tasty and simple to make, and I am sure you will like it a lot. By the way, it is also one of my family’s favorites.
The skewers are prepared in the oven, in just 15 minutes, and if you want to shorten the preparation time, you can fry the zucchini the night before, and the next day prepare the filling for these delicious rolls. The skewers can be eaten hot or cold, we usually eat them with salad and sometimes with slices of garlic toasted bread.
Ingredients (3 large skewers)
- 4 medium zucchini (for rolls)
- 1 medium zucchini (for filling)
- 1 tuna file in Lotka juice (200 g)
- 100 g cow/ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons parmesan shaved
- 1 teaspoon brine salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped basil
- 2-3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash the zucchini, dry them up, remove the ends and cut them into very thin slices (if you have a device for slicing vegetables, it would be perfect).
- Heat the grill very well, then fry the zucchini slice, each 1 minute on each side or until it softens.
- Put the roasted zucchini on a plate and let them cool.
- Cut the zucchini for filling in small cubes. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the zucchini cubes.
- Sprinkle with salt, over low heat, until softened (about 10 minutes).
- Turn off the fire and let the zucchini cubes cool completely.
- Put the cold pieces of zucchini in a bowl, add canned tuna fillets in their own juice, drain, and pass them with a fork.
- Now add the chopped barley/ricotta, egg, grated parmesan, and chopped basil.
- Mix until smooth.
- In the end, season everything with a bit of salt.
- Put two teaspoons of filling on each slice of zucchini, roll it and place it on the frying pan. There will be 7 zucchini rolls on each skewer.
- Place the zucchini, tuna and barley skewers in the oven tray, lined with baking paper, powder them with 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs and sprinkle them evenly with a little olive oil.
- Bake the skewers in the heated oven at 200 ° C for about 15 minutes or until they are evenly browned.
You’re all done! Your zucchini, tuna and barley skewers are ready to be enjoyed.