I love spinach! I like it in salads, food, soups, soups, pies, etc. As a child, I was not a big fan of spinach, but I still eat it from time to time.
Spinach is an excellent garnish for eggs, grilled pork or beef, grilled chicken or baked chicken, grills and other delicious dishes. Therefore, today we’re learning how to make spinach with garlic and lemon.
- 1 kg fresh spinach
- 30 g flour
- 500-600 ml of water in which the spinach was drained
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Wash the spinach and drain it very well.
- Fill a pot with water and boil it. When the water starts to boil, add 1 tablespoon of salt and boil the spinach for about 1 minute.
- Remove the spinach from the water in which it boiled (don’t throw that water!), put it in a sieve and cool it under a jet of very cold water. In this way, it will retain a beautiful green color.
- Chop the spinach, not very small.
- Put the oil in a saucepan over low heat. When heated, add flour and mix until you get a homogeneous cream (about 1 minute).
- Gradually add the water in which the spinach boiled, 250 ml at a time, and stir continuously, until the white sauce becomes creamy (about 10 minutes on lo w heat).
- In the white sauce put the chopped spinach.
- Mix the spinach and the white sauce until homogenized. If the spinach is too dense, you can add another half a liter of water in the boiled spinach.
- Add the crushed garlic – or finely grated – and the lemon juice. You can add more lemon juice if you wish.
- Season with salt and boil the spinach food for another 5-6 minutes, no more.
- Put out the fire and taste this delicious spinach with garlic and lemon meal with slices of fried bread, if you are fasting, or with eggs or steak or steak, if you do not fast.
And that’s pretty much it! Enjoy your spinach with garlic and lemon!