When it comes to desserts, everybody loves a quick recipe and delicious end results. That’s why today we’re talking about one of my favorites, the simple strawberry cake!
It’s a great dessert that anybody can do in their own kitchen, not to mention that you can be creative and replace the strawberries with apricots, blueberries, raspberries, peaches or any other fruit you like best.
- 6 big eggs
- 125g flour
- 200g fine sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons boiled water
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 300 g strawberries (cherries / peaches / apricots / plums / cherries)
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, at first.
- Mix the yolks with the sugar and a pinch of salt until it triples its volume and opens to color.
- Add, in this order, the 5 tablespoons of boiled water (I boil it, I do not use water directly from the tap) and mix after each added spoon, then add flour and mix until homogenized.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons vanilla powdered sugar (20 g) and mix until you get a firm batter (about 10 minutes).
Add, in two rounds, the batter over the mixture of yolks and carefully mix, from bottom to top.
- Put the dough in the tray, covered with butter and flour, and on top, the strawberries, cut into cubes or thin slices.
- Bake the simple strawberry cake in the preheated oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes. In the first 15 minutes, do NOT open the oven!
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool in the tray, then powder it with vanilla sugar and cut it into cubes.
And that’s it! Your simple strawberry cake is all done. Enjoy this great-tasting dessert with your family and friends!