I love fried rice with egg and mackerel! I like it so much, that I could eat it several times a week. Without going that much into details regarding my culinary preferences, do not hesitate to try this recipe, as you will also love it for sure!
Ingredients (4 people)
- 300 g basmati rice
- 450 ml of water
- 1 can of mackerel fillets in tomato sauce 115 g
- 120 g frozen peas
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil / sunflower oil
- Put the basmati rice in a saucepan and cover it with 450 ml of water
- Put the pan over medium fire, cover it with a lid and boil the rice for about 12-15 minutes or until it has absorbed the water completely
- Take the rice off the fire and let it cool very well. While it is cooling, mix it with a fork from time to time. Ideally, you should boil the rice the day before preparing the this, but if this is not possible, boil it with around 3-4 hours before frying it
- Heat the peanut oil in a nonstick skillet and add the beaten eggs
- Mix them with a silicone fork
- Put everything on a plate and let them cool. When they’re cool enough, the actual fried rice with egg and mackerel preparation begins!
- Fill a pan with water, put it on a small fire, and when it starts to boil, add the frozen peas and 1 teaspoon full of salt
- Boil the peas for 3-4 minutes, then drain and rinse under a stream of very cold water
- Add the chopped onion in a non-stick pan, or in a wok, in which you heated 3 tablespoons of peanut oil
- Add the rice, mix well and fry for 2-3 minutes, over medium heat, until it turns brown
- Now add the peas, well-drained, the mackerel, shattered with a fork, as well as the eggs
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, mix and leave the rice on fire for 1-2 minutes.
Your fried rice with egg and mackerel is done. Enjoy!